How Do You Keep Hope Alive

My crusty hands can only go so far
My legs could only stand for that long
How much longer is he going to take?
How much more until this breaks?
We all run away from the monsters in our closets,
Fearfully hiding under prayers and listening to our own voices.
We heed advice from our minds, seek salvation from excuses:
I am new, I am changed, I am different. (Are you?)
You say that you see in your dreams, touched and felt its presence
But the presence of hope, loses power with time (Doesn't it?)
Hope is a funny thing, it first encourages patience of the heart then
The conviction of the mind. When it eventually loses the battle,
Disappointment settles in your soul.
I am disappointed in you
I watched you stumble so many times but this time
I can see you are too tired to pick yourself up (Excuses...)
I can see you need rest (Excuses...)
What are the words they use when they know its over?
What are the things they say when its too late?
I can't accomplish every thing. There is no cure.
I can't change the tides. And I am not your saviour.
We are all fallen angels of the same sky
We are all stained in the same blackness
Dirtied, but never dirty.
Cleansed, but never clean.
So, what do you do?
How do you keep hope alive?
How do you help your will survive?
Remind me. Remind myself the ways.
Remind me. Remind myself your ways.
I'm only human. No, I am an expectation.

<< Home